Category: Phone Systems
Most businesses nowadays rely on having an internet connection. How good or bad that connection is will undoubtedly make a big difference to productivity and profitability.
The question businesses have to answer once they become established is whether they continue to use the standard shared connection with others or opt for an individual leased line.
Standard broadband is likely to be affected by a number of different issues. For a start, more people on the line at certain times means that bandwidth is often at a premium. Speeds slow at busy times because of demand and that can mean your business isn’t so well connected as it should be. If there’s a break in the service, that is also likely to cause loss of revenue.
What is a Leased Line?
A leased-line is basically a dedicated internet connection for your business. That means you’re not sharing it with anyone else, even other businesses. There are huge benefits of getting a leased line, including:
- You can opt for much higher speeds up to 1Gbps which far outperform standard broadband.
- The download and upload speeds are symmetrical so there’s no difference whether you are sending or receiving data.
- Leased lines come with a service level agreement that essentially guarantees your speed. Providers also outline any compensation you might receive should your service fail for some reason.
- There’s little if no latency. With normal broadband connections, there can be a delay in communications going to and from your business. With a leased line this is minimal.
- Because you aren’t sharing an internet connection with others, your security is improved and you are less likely to be hacked.
Of course, deciding to install a leased line is a big undertaking for any business. A site survey needs to be done to see what the infrastructure is like. In urban areas like cities and towns, this usually isn’t an issue. In more rural areas, the infrastructure might have to installed first with the extra cost that involves.
Leased lines are more expensive than traditional internet connections and that needs to be taken into account when considering the huge benefits. If you’re business needs a pretty large bandwidth and requires a more reliable internet connection, then it is certainly worthwhile.
You may, for example, handle sensitive data that you want to protect. Or you might have large volumes of business being transacted over the internet that requires a stronger, faster connection.
Why Choose Futuretel?
At Futuretel, we offer leased lines that give your business an amazing competitive edge. With speeds from 10Mbps to 100Mbps, we provide the flexibility that your enterprise is looking for, backed by the industry’s highest security specification.
Our fully managed service enables to you share large amounts of data, deal with big downloads and uploads with ultimate ease, and is ideal for businesses that use VoIP.
If you are searching for a leased line provider that knows how to deliver, contact the experienced team at Futuretel today.