Aside from everyday activities (email, browsing etc), for which of the following activities do you and your staff use your broadband connection?
- Downloading large media files 58% 58%
- Video Conferencing 56% 56%
- Video or audio streaming 49% 49%
- Uploading large media files 45% 45%
- Activity which requires a very high-speed connection 17% 17%
“Access to the internet shouldn’t be a luxury; it should be
a right – absolutely fundamental to life in 21st century
Britain. That is why I’m announcing a giant leap in my
digital mission for Britain. Just as our forebears effectively
brought gas, electricity and water to all, we’re going to bring
fast broadband to every home and business that wants it.
That’s right: we’re getting Britain – all of Britain – online,
and on the way to becoming the most prosperous economy
in the whole of Europe”
David Cameron – Ex Prime Minister
What would be the impact of a significant increase in broadband speeds on your organisation?
- Improved productivity 78% 78%
- Increased flexible working 56% 56%
- Greater revenues 38% 38%
- Invest more 34% 34%
- Hire more staff 13% 13%