Maintaining a strong communication structure at an affordable price is essential for most businesses. What business owners are generally looking for is a robust system that fulfils all their needs. Modern technology is helping us achieve exactly this and more, so we should take advantage of the facilities available to us to help our businesses ‘work smarter’ and improve efficiency.
In the past, businesses were tied to landlines and mobile charges that raised their communication bill. Customers of the Mitel telephone system now have access to the Phone Manager Mobile, a customisable app that makes any smartphone an extension of the internal telephone system installed in your office, meaning you can conveniently manage your incoming and outgoing calls from your mobile whilst using your business phone numbers and keep on top of enquiries and project management on-the-go.
What is Phone Manager Mobile?
Mitel call their Phone Manager Mobile a virtual office in your pocket. It is designed to connect you seamlessly even if you head out on the road or go to a meeting across town. It includes most of the facilities that come with Mitel’s desktop Phone Manager, including accessing directories, instant messaging and call history access.
What are the Benefits of Phone Manager Mobile?
The big benefits for businesses are that Phone Manager Mobile brings flexibility and continuity to communications and saves money.
- If someone is out of the office and visiting clients or on the way to another appointment, they can call from their smartphone using the Phone Manager Mobile. While doing this they are able to use their office rather than their mobile number.
- Another major benefit is the impact on mobile call costs. Providers can charge anything from 5 pence a minute upwards for smartphone calls. The Phone Manager Mobile App allows users to go through the Mitel system which means calls are treated as if they are being made from the office phone.
- If you have access to a Wi-Fi connection you can call the office using the Phone Manager Mobile for free. It doesn’t matter where you are. You could even be on holiday abroad.
- The Phone Manager Mobile delivers all the functionality that you get with the desktop version from Mitel. This means you are able to access corporate directories and your call history, whether on your mobile or while in the office.
- You can also set your own profile to reflect what is happening. If you’ve finished work for the day, are on holiday or simply in a meeting, you can set presence so that callers know that you are not currently available.
- You can also set your office phone to call your Phone Manager Mobile at the same time you get a call which means you never miss a client or any other important call.
- Using the Phone Manager Mobile App can also mean that calls can still be recorded and monitored like any other calls coming in or out of the office which many find useful for resolving client issues and also for the benefit of staff training.
Apart from the cost savings that can be achieved by adding Phone Manager Mobile to your Mitel telephone system, the range of features really do make communication seamless. The app is easy to download and set up in just a couple of minutes and you can determine which of your staff require access to it.
Contact FutureTel Today
FutureTel are the UK’s leading company for providing Mitel telephony and business communications. If you are looking to expand your Mitel system to mobile or even to swapping to a more efficient system from the one you already use to take advantage of additional useful features, this powerful app delivers all the benefits you could ever need.